Information for Authors
Journal of Northern Territory History
1. The Journal publishes material on subjects which have relevance to the history, heritage or
archaeology of the Northern Territory. The Journalís Editorial Board welcomes the submission
of articles, short reports and book reviews on appropriate topics. All contributions are refereed
before being considered for publication.
2. The Journal accepts articles up to 8000 words in length. These should be a detailed consideration
of a topic relating to the Northern Territory's history, heritage or archaeology. Short reports up
to 1500 words may also be submitted. These may consist of brief considerations of people,
places, events or objects, and can include research notes, observations or works-in-progress.
3. All contributions should be double spaced in Bookman or Times Roman on A4 sized paper,
using ample margins. References must be included, using Footnote (Oxford), Endnote
(Citation-Sequence) or In-Text (Harvard) referencing systems. Ensure references are complete,
including details of author, year of publication, full title, page numbers (for chapters/articles),
publisher and place of publication. A list of references should be included at the end of each
contribution where Endnote or In-Text systems are used.
4. Electronic submission of contributions is preferred. Text should be submitted in MS Word
compatible format and maps, diagrams and photos as high quality jpeg or tiff images. It is the
responsibility of authors to obtain prior permission for the publication of images. Contributions
may be emailed to the Editor at email@example.com.
5. It is a condition of publication in the Journal that material should not already have been
published elsewhere. No payment is made for publications in the Journal.
6. Copyright for published submissions is vested in the author or authors. Copyright for the
Journal is vested in the Historical Society of the Northern Territory.
7. Views and opinions expressed in published submissions do not necessarily represent those of the Editor or the Historical Society of the Northern Territory.